The basic concept of the S12 has been uncompromisingly tailored to precision. At the heart of the machine is a brand new drive/guide system based on linear motors with high-precision positioning (patent pending). The extremely rigid guide tables, supported on hydrostatic bearings, are magnetically prestressed. The infeed movement can be programmed in 10-nanometer steps.
Precision: Infeed movements in 10-nanometer steps thanks to hydrostatic guides and linear motor technology.
Dynamics: Infeed speed 30 m/s, axis accelerations up to 3 m/s
Flexibility: Different dressing concepts, internal grinding spindle on separate cross slide, automatic part handling.
- Distance between centres: 150 mm
- Centre height: 175 mm
- Grinding wheel diameter: 500 mm
- Arrangement of X-axis: 0° or 30°
- Cross slide X: Hydrostatics with linear motors or anti-friction guideways with ball-type linear drives
- Longitudinal slide Z: Hydrostatics with linear motors or guideways with patented surface structure and ball-type linear drives
- C axis for the workhead
- Internal grinding unit on a separate cross slide
- Simultaneous internal/external machining possible
- Application-specific workhead concepts (hydrostatic, motor spindle)
- Additional NC axis for profiling the grinding wheel
- Full enclosure with new door concept for optimal accessibility
- Granitan S103 mineral-cast machine base
- Large range of accessories
- Easy programming thanks to StuderWIN on Siemens 840D
- StuderGRIND programming software for generating grinding and dressing programs on a PC
- Standardized interfaces for loader and peripheral devices