The S121 universal internal cylindrical grinding machine has an exceptional price/performance ratio and is the ideal machine for internal, surface and external grinding of chuck components. It has a host of sophisticated technical features such as the revolutionary StuderGuide® guideway system, high-precision axis drives with linear motors, a swivel-in dressing unit, etc. The S121 is the ideal machine for a wide range of internal grinding applications. Many workpieces are in the areas of machine tools, drive elements, aerospace, die and mold.
Precision is the result of perfect interaction between a large number of different factors. The basis is the Granitan® S103 machine bed with its excellent cushioning and thermal behavior. The modules are ideally suited to each other and produced with the customary STUDER precision. The large distance between the guideways and the very rigidly constructed slides form the basis for the precision and productivity of this machine. All components involved in defining precision are temperature-stabilized.
StuderWIN creates a stable programming environment and contributes to efficient use of the machine. A PC is integrated into the CNC control system. The possibility of fully integrating the in-process gauging and sensor technology for process monitoring as well as contact detection and balancing systems in the control enable standardized programming of the different systems. The drive elements are optimally adapted to the control.
- Swing diameter above the table 400 mm
- Max. workpiece length (including clamping device) 300 mm
- Internal grinding length 175 mm
- Maximum workpiece weight 125 kg
- StuderGuide® guide system with linear drive
- Spindle turret with two grinding spindles or one fixed spindle
- C-axis for the workhead enabling form and thread grinding
- Full enclosure with two sliding doors
- Granitan® S103 mineral casting machine base
- Very simple operation and programming thanks to StuderWIN
- Short setup and resetting times e.g. with Studer Quick-Set
- Standardized interfaces for loader and peripheral devices